“The EU attaches great importance to the Eastern Partnership and its objective of accelerating the political association and deepening the economic integration of the Eastern European partner countries with the EU. At the heart of the Eastern Partnership lies a shared commitment to international law and fundamental values
Within this context, the EU remains committed to the shared objective of visa free travel in due course provided that the conditions for well managed and secure mobility are in place and we welcome the progress made by our partner countries in this regard.
The Republic of Moldova has progressed in implementing the Visa Liberalisation Action Plan and the assessment of the benchmarks set out under the second phase of the Action Plan has been launched. We encourage Ukraine to increase its efforts towards fulfillment of its first phase benchmarks. The visa dialogue with Georgia has progressed swiftly and, by the time of the Eastern Partnership Summit in November this year, implementation of the future Visa Liberalisation Action Plan should be under way. Negotiations on both the Visa Facilitation and Readmission Agreements with Armenia have been swiftly concluded. The Visa Facilitation Agreement with Armenia was signed in December 2012 and we look forward to their entry into force. There has also been good progress in the negotiations of Visa Facilitation and Readmission Agreements with Azerbaijan. The EU also looks forward to the early conclusion of the amended Visa Facilitation Agreements with Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova. As for Belarus, we have consistently reiterated our readiness to launch negotiations on a visa facilitation and readmission agreement with Belarus, but have so far received no answer from the Belarusian authorities. Meanwhile, the EU Member States continue to make optimal use of the existing flexibilities offered by the Visa Code.
Please rest assured of the European External Action Service’s and European Commission’s continued commitment to these issues.”
- EEAS reaction to the information on launching of the EaP Visa Liberalisation Index, March 7, 2013
- The reply of M. Pulch, Head of Russia Division European External Action Service, to the Joint Appeal of the Steering Committee of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum and Visa-free Europe Coalition, December 20, 2012
- The reply of I. Soltanovsky, Director of the Department of the Common European Co-Operation, to the Joint Appeal of the Steering Committee of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum and Visa-free Europe Coalition “On the Regime of Trespassing of the Russian Border by Crew Members of EU Transport Vehicles”, December 20, 2012
- Joint Appeal by the Steering Committee of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum and Visa-free Europe Coalition on the re-introduction of visas for crew of EU Transport Vehicles by the Russian Federation and reciprocal measures on the EU side, October 31, 2012
- Statement of EU-Russia Civil SocietyForum, Saint Petersburg, September 10 ,2012
- Reply from Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs to the letter of the Coalition regarding Moldova’s fulfilment of the Ist phase of Visa Liberalisation Action Plan July 27, 2012
- The open letter by the Head of The Visa-free Europe Coalition, Joanna Fomina, to the Commissioner for Home Affairs Cecilia Malmström on accelerating the Visa Liberalisation Action Plan in Moldova June 21, 2012
- Growth Beyond Borders. A Common Position on Business Visa Liberalisation with Russia and Eastern Europe May 31, 2012
- Reply of Joannes De Ceuster to the letter regarding the issuance and usage of multiple long-term uniform visas April 25, 2012
- A letter to the Head of Visa Policy at the European Commission, Joannes De Ceuster regarding the issuance and usage of multiple long-term uniform visas March 30, 2012
- Statement by the Office for a Democratic Belarus regarding the visa ban February 3,2012
- Joannes De Ceuster replies to Ms Fomina’s mail on multiple entry visas January 19, 2012
- Appeal to the European Union- Eastern Partnership Summit September 15, 2011
- Open Letter On priorities of the Polish Presidency in the EU Council September 16, 2011
- The Coalition for a European Continent Undivided by Visa Barriers reminds its appeal on Belarus on the eve of the Foreign Affairs Council of the EU meeting January 27, 2011
- A Joint Address by the Coalition for a European Continent Undivided by Visa Barriers on the Presidential Election in Belarus of December 19, 2010 January 6, 2011
- Declaration of the Coalition for a European Continent Undivided by Visa Barriers November 26, 2010
- Antivisa manifesto of Belaruswatch NGO, Vilnius, Lithuania.